One by one in Russia
"One by One" Campaign for Children in Russia
Active participation in social partnership projects is a first priority activity of Amway all over the world. The company measures its success in a country not only with its sales and profit ratios but also with intensity of its involvement in charity programs.
Amway’s Corporate Social Responsibility Program is aimed at helping children at risk. In 2003, Amway launched its ‘One by One’ Campaign for Children aiming at making a difference in the lives of millions of children around the world. Currently the program is gaining momentum.
‘One by One’ in Russia
At present, Amway implements a number of large-scale charity projects not only in education, but also in the field of medical care. Among the company’s major projects, which have received recognition of its staff and distributors, we note:
- I will Study! is Amway’s joint project with Children Support Fund. The project is for children in a difficult real-life situation and focused on equipping the so-called lekotekas (rehabilitation centers for disabled children of pre-school age). From 2010 to June 2011 two lekotekas have been opened in Nizhny Novgorod and Krasnodar, along with a Centre of Distant Learning in Moscow. The company intends to launch several more lekotekas in other cities of Russia.
- The “Equal in Sport!” project launched under the aegis of Nutrilite brand gives disabled children access to sports. In four Russian cities - Moscow, Samara, Saint Petersburg and Nizhny Novgorod - children with and without disabilities attend football classes and play football in mixed teams. 113 children including 60 disabled ones took part in this project in 2010.
- Child’s Smile is a joint project of Amway and UNICEF to equip play and sensory rooms at medical and social institutions for children. From 2008 until 2011, 70 play and sensory rooms, seven open-air play grounds and a mobile play room (minivan) were equipped in 40 Russian cities.
- In the framework of Amway’s “Best products for Children” project Amway Business Owners buy special charity kits including Amway body care products in any Amway Business Support Center, which then get delivered to orphanages in 11 constituent regions of Russia. In 2010, thanks to ABOs, Amway handed out to orphanages 9,667 charity kits containing personal and home care products.
- Circus Tourt project helps to arrange tours of professional circus artists and performing animals to orphanages and boarding schools. In 2010 and 2011, circus teams visited orphanages in 4 Russian cities and shared joy with 600 children including disabled children.
- Amway Russia is one of the largest corporate donors in Russia
- From 2007 until 2011 Amway donated about 76 million RUB implementing corporate social responsibility projects in Russia
- Amway has rendered support to more than 100,000 Russian children
- More than ten large-scale projects in the fields of medicine, education and social care have been implemented
- Social responsibility projects were implemented in more than 50 Russian cities
- Amway raised 13 million RUB through sales of special charity products
- Amway is a winner of Russia’s Corporate Donor, Leaders of Corporate Charity Award and Social Creativity contest.