eSpring™ celebrates its 15th anniversary on the international market!
During this time more than 4 million water filtration systems have been sold across 48 countries!
Just in 15 years eSpring succeeded to become number 1* selling brand of home water treatment systems. Behind its success lie more than 30 years of scientific research, innovation and technological breakthrough.
Amway scientists and engineers started developing the home water treatment system back in 1982. The research was headed by Roy Kuennen, vice president of technology and product development, who was later nicknamed Dr. Water. Amway launched the first home water treatment system with carbon filter in America in 1984. The system was later developed, upgraded and has been successfully sold in different modifications around the world. In the late 1990s Amway decided to offer a comprehensive high-tech solution to its consumers in all countries. Debuting in 2000 under the new eSpring™ brand name, the revolutionary system was described by Roy Kuennen as the “Einstein” of water treatment systems.
So what makes eSpring™ so unique?
- eSpring™ was the first home water treatment system to combine a carbon filter and ultraviolet (UV) light with electronic monitoring technology in a single unit.
- eSpring™ is the only water treatment system that uses eCoupled™ wireless power technology to power the unit’s UV lamp. It makes changing filters easier and extends the service life of UV lamps.
- eSpring™ was the first water treatment system to be certified to NSF/ANSI Standards 42, 53, 55, and 401, which confirm that the system effectively removes more than 140 potential health-effect contaminants such as lead and mercury, as well as pharmaceuticals, pesticides and herbicides.
- In 2014, for a fifth consecutive year, eSpring™ water treatment system brought Amway the Company of the Year award by Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific, a company specializing in business development and technological innovation.
Now eSpring™ has more than 120 global patents granted and pending. And the team of scientists continues to work on new technologies which will make the eSpring™ water treatment system even more reliable and innovative.
* According to a Verify Markets study of 2014 global sales.
Video dedicated to eSpring 15th anniversary on the international market is available on: